Skip to main content

AI Crochet Images and Patterns

 The Rise of AI in the Art World What do you think of this image? It's very pretty at first glance, isn't it? Does it make you immediately want to seek out the pattern to make them yourself? You're not alone. I took this image from a random page on Facebook that showed up on my newsfeed. I have no idea who originally made it. It's being shared by pages that appear to be run by bots, as the caption is always the exact same.  So What's the Problem? The problem is these crochet parrots are not real. That is not real crochet. The photo is generated by AI. How can you tell? Firstly, they are too perfect. Creating crochet birds that could sit like that on a perch without falling over would be challenging. The direction of some of the stitches doesn't make sense. If you zoom in, you can see the stitches on the head especially do not look like crochet stitches. The yellow feathers on the left bird's head look like real feathers, which you wouldn't be able to rep...

Barry the Bat Pattern Dropping Soon

 Barry the Bat

My first crochet pattern that I've prepared for sale, is this adorable little guy here:



Cute, isn't he? The name came from one of my lovely colleagues. This was a spur of the moment kind of idea, I wanted to make something but didn't know what to make so I just kind of went with it and ended up making this little dude. 


I shared it and got a good response. I loved him. So I made another one from the notes I'd made. After that, I decided the pattern was worth sharing. I typed it up and put out a call for some pattern testers. I got a handful of lovely volunteers and sent the pattern off.

I've had some great feedback from testers, which meant I could perfect the pattern, make sure it was easy to follow and the instructions were clear. It's important to make sure that the pattern works for other people too. I kind of know what I did, but I had to make sure other people could follow along. 

All the tweaks are done and the pattern is ready to share. It includes step by step instructions, hints and tips for making the plushie and also a couple of tutorials for the trickier parts. I'm almost ready to sell the pattern, and it will be available on my website in the next few days. I will update on all my social media platforms when I have set a date. 

I'm excited. I've been knitting and crocheting for a few years now but I've only recently started making my own designs and patterns. So hopefully this one will just be the beginning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Yarn Types: Wool

 Let's Talk Yarn: Wool Welcome back to my series on yarn types. Today we're looking at wool. I'm sure you know where wool comes from, sheep. Sheep are one of the oldest domesticated animals, as they are a good all-in-one farm animal. Sheep produce a woolly coat, as well as being bred for milk and meat production. Sheep farming is also one of the most eco-friendly as they can cope with a variety of climates and spend most of the year grazing outside.  Some people will insist that it is cruel and unethical to shear sheep for their wool. That's not the case, as sheep are not harmed in the process of shearing. It's actually more cruel not to shear them, as the wool gets matted and tangled, and if not sheared every summer, they can overheat or get skin infections. These can lead to fly strike and eventually death. There are hundreds of breeds of sheep, with different types of wool. Merino wool is a popular example.  Properties of Wool Fibre Wool is a natural fibre shorn ...

AI Crochet Images and Patterns

 The Rise of AI in the Art World What do you think of this image? It's very pretty at first glance, isn't it? Does it make you immediately want to seek out the pattern to make them yourself? You're not alone. I took this image from a random page on Facebook that showed up on my newsfeed. I have no idea who originally made it. It's being shared by pages that appear to be run by bots, as the caption is always the exact same.  So What's the Problem? The problem is these crochet parrots are not real. That is not real crochet. The photo is generated by AI. How can you tell? Firstly, they are too perfect. Creating crochet birds that could sit like that on a perch without falling over would be challenging. The direction of some of the stitches doesn't make sense. If you zoom in, you can see the stitches on the head especially do not look like crochet stitches. The yellow feathers on the left bird's head look like real feathers, which you wouldn't be able to rep...

Let's Talk About Yarn Types: Chenille

 Let's Talk Yarn - Chenille Yarn What is Chenille Yarn Chenille is a synthetic yarn,  usually made from polyester, and it is soft and fluffy. As a synthetic fibre, it can be dyed in an endless number of colours, and even some patterns like the floral one I used to make the cow above. It's essentially soft fluffy fibres attached to a thread.  Chenille yarn is great for making warm soft blankets and it is ideal for soft toys as well, as it feels so nice and squishy. It has become really popular in recent years, especially among those who like making amigurumi, like me! Pros of Chenille Yarn The texture is lovely and soft, making the finished project feel and look really nice. The yarn is smooth as well, it won't split like acrylic yarn and is fairly easy to work with.  It comes in a huge range of colours, some even have glitter through it or patterns. It is a chunky weight yarn, which means it works up quite quickly.  It is also fire resistant. In the UK, all soft...